Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My sem 4 print making record. Project 1

Burden 3

Burden 1




Burden 2


Tests.

I like these hands. Well, din get to use em tho.

My first attempt in tone etching and rubbing.

All the limbs in a line. Super fast rubbing! =D

Fail: Both colo and etch board has the same size.

Etched tones.

Rubbed tones.

Without tones.

These are my print making artworks for my second year, 4th semester. I wanted to do local fairy tales as my main theme at first, but i feel so unexcited when i have everything fixed down, so i decided to throw that away and try to start by doing experiments. I love the effects of etching, so i conduct experiments using etching, mainly using hard ground. Next, is to find something to combine with etching. Monoprint was too strong, it is mostly good enough by itself and i can't control it to be the same everytime i print them. So i merge it with colograph, which worked! And then what continues is endless rubbing on those boards. Quite a nightmare, but i love them still.

Burden series- The idea was not with me when i started, it just grow when i move along in making them. It is about how we pick up burdens in our life, we think it is something protective to us, but it is making us into weird creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment